You want to create a new website or blog and not sure how to buy a domain name? Here, I will guide you on how to buy a domain name from GoDaddy and BigRock.
You definitely need a domain name if you want to create a new website or want to start a new blog. Buying a domain name is very easy and is known to many who already own a website or blog but there are many new users who are just starting with their online business and they want to buy their first domain name.
You need to use the right set of tools to build and grow your website and blog. Want to know which tools that I use and recommend, Check Here.
Actually the beginners might not be knowing how to buy a domain name or they might be having so many question about buying a domain name. In case if you too falls in the same category, don’t worry, I will help you.
In this post, I will guide you step-by-step on how to buy a domain name from GoDaddy and BigRock. Almost the same steps are involved when you buy a domain name from any registrar. Also, in the end of this post I will answer some of the most common and frequently asked question about buying a domain name.
What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is a unique web address of your website or blog on the internet. When you buy a domain name, it remains your till time time you have purchased your domain name or till the time you continue renewing your domain name. This is the address you tell people about your website or blog. People will type your domain name in any internet browser and can easily visit your website or blog.
A domain name is not just a name, it’s an online identity of your website or blog. You need to pick a domain name that is short, easy to write and remember and brandable. As you can not change your domain name very frequently you need to spend some time and choose a perfect domain name for your website or blog that perfectly matches your personality or your business niche.
From Where To Buy a Domain Name?
You need to buy the domain name for your website or blog from a reliable site or domain name sellers. Otherwise, there might be a risk to you that you may lose your domain name in the future. Sometimes some web hosting companies offer your free domain name, still, I suggest buying your domain name from a reliable and trusted site. It’s very easy to change the web host but it’s not that easy to change the domain registrar. So, you need to carefully choose your domain registrar.
There are many good and reliable domain name sellers that you can choose from. In case if you are planning to buy a new domain name for your website or blog, the two most reliable domain registrar that you can choose is GoDaddy and BigRock. I will guide you step-by-step, how to buy a domain name from GoDaddy and BigRock so that you can easily buy a domain name for your website or blog.
How To Buy Domain Name From GoDaddy?
Whenever I need to buy a new domain name, my first choice is always GoDaddy. In case if you also want to know how to buy a domain name from GoDaddy, here’s a step-by-step guide that you can refer, when buying a domain name from GoDaddy.
STEP 1: Search Your Domain Name on GoDaddy
- First, you need to go to the official website of GoDaddy https://godaddy.com/
- Enter your domain name in the search box and then click on the “search button”. Now, GoDaddy will tell you if your domain name is available or not. You can choose the domain name if available or you can also choose from the suggestion given by GoDaddy or else you can choose other extensions.
STEP 2: Register Your Account on GoDaddy
- You need to choose, for how many years you want to buy the domain name.
- Now, you need to register on GoDaddy to create the account. You need to fill all the required details, re-check the mobile number and email ID.
STEP 3: Make The Payment and Buy Your Domain name
- Now, in order to buy your domain name, you need to make the payment. You can make the payment using a credit card, debit card or even internet banking.
- After the payment, click on “Manage Domain”. You can see your domain and your domain name is now ready for your website or blog.
How To Buy a Domain Name From BigRock?
BigRock is my second choice whenever I need to buy a new domain name for my website or blog. In case if you want to know how to buy a domain name from BigRock, here’s the step-by-step guide that you can refer.
STEP 1: Search Your Domain name on BigRock
- First, go to the official website of BigRock https://www.bigrock.in/
- Enter your domain name in the given search box and click on “Search Button”. Now, BigRock will show you if your domain name is available or not. You can choose your domain name if it is available or you can choose other extensions or else you can also choose from the given suggestions.
STEP 2: Register on RigRock To Create Your Account
- Now, select the number of years, you want to buy your domain name for.
- Now if you already have the account, log in to your account or else you can create a new account on BigRock, fill all the mandatory fields, recheck email ID and mobile number, you should not make any mistake in these fields.
STEP 3: Make The Payment and Buy Your Domain Name
- Now, you need to make the payment to BigRock to buy your domain name, you can make the payment using your credit card, debit card or even if you want internet banking, there are other payment options as well.
- Once you have made the payment, you own your domain name.
FAQs About Buying a Domain Name (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some of the most common and frequently asked questions that many people ask when they plan to buy a domain name. We thought to answer these questions here so that you can buy your domain name easily. In case if you have more questions about how to buy a domain name and anything about buying a domain name, you can ask your questions in the comment section below.
What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is the web address of your website or blog. You need to have a domain name if you want to create your own website or blog. People will use your domain name to search and visit your website or blog using internet browsers.
What is the difference between a domain name and URL?
A domain name is just the primary web address of your website or blog but the URL is the full link of a web page, for example, webrecourse.com is a domain name whereas https://webrecourse.com/how-to-buy-a-domain-name/ is called an URL.
From where to buy a domain name?
You need to buy a domain name form a reliable domain seller otherwise you may lose your domain name in future. There are many reliable domain sellers that you can choose from, I prefer GoDadddy and BigRock when buying a domain name.
Which is good GoDaddy or BigRock to buy a domain name?
Both of these companies GoDaddy and BigRock is reliable Domain name sellers in India as well as worldwide. You can choose the one that offers better pricing. If both have the same pricing, I prefer and recommend GoDaddy.
For how many years should I buy a domain name?
You can buy a domain name for a minimum of one year. Sometimes companies offer an additional discount when you buy for multiple years, in that case, you can go for multiple years to save on the renewal cost but many a time most of the domain sellers offer a discount is for the first year only. So, you can choose accordingly.
Which extension to prefer when buying a domain name?
It’s all up to you and your requirements, the most common domain extension is .com extension. Having the .com domain extension you can create any type of website or blog. But, if you are sure you are making the site for specific country, you can also choose to go with the country level domain name.
How to make the payment when buying a domain name?
Both GoDaddy and BigRock offers various payment options, you can pay using your credit card, debit card or through internet banking. Also, you get the options to pay in various currencies as well so that you can make the payment in your currency.
Should I consider the privacy protection when buying a domain name?
The privacy protection hides your personal information (name, address, mobile number, email etc.) from public on “who is” data. There will be an additional cost if you choose the privacy protection. So, you need to check if you need that or not.
Now that we have come to the end of this guide, I hope that if you were planning to create your website or blog, this guide will be helpful for you in buying your domain name. I have tried my best to include all the details and information about how to buy a domain name and I hope that with the help of this guide you can easily buy your domain name. In case if you have any questions that we have not answered in this post, you can ask your questions in the comment section below.