Though I am not a big fan of EIG Group hosting companies. Here’s my honest Bluehost Review with its all hosting plans, pricing, features, pros, and cons.
Most of the Endurance International Group hosting companies that I have used were just OK but Bluehost is different.
Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting companies in the world. Anyone who is in the industry, Bluehost is not at all a new name for them. In fact, Bluehost is extremely popular among the beginners who are just starting a new website or creating a new blog. So, why there is so much buzz about Bluehost??
That’s what we are going to find out in this Bluehost review. Here we will go through all the important things that a good web host should have and also we will review and compare the features and plans along with the pros and cons of the Bluehost.
By the end of this post, you will come to know if Bluehost is really good for hosting your website or blog. So, let’s start with our Bluehost review.
Bluehost Review 2021
Bluehost is a web hosting company owned by Endurance International Group and founded in the year 2003. It is one of the largest web hosts, collectively hosting more than 2 million domains in the world. They provide different types of web hosting services.
Is Bluehost is a good hosting company? Yes, Bluehost offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting and Dedicated services. They are really a good hosting company for both beinners as well as advanced users.
We have been using the Bluehost for many years for hosting many of our client’s websites. Bluehost is for everyone, with 99.99% uptime and excellent loading time along with the highest level of security and customer support, Bluehost has been one of our top picks when hosting a website or blog for many years.
Bluehost Web Hosting Features
Bluehost is an official “WordPress.org” recommended hosting provider since 2005. Thus, they offer the ultimate WordPress platform best for all WordPress users.
Bluehost, no doubt is one of the best web hosting to host a website or blog. They offer WordPress-centric dashboards and tools along with 1-click WordPress installation, a FREE domain name, email, FTP, FREE SSL Certificate and more.
When it comes to customer support, they are second to none. They have hundreds of experts who are always available (on call and on chat) to help you with all your issues (they are experts with WordPress as well to solve your WordPress related issues). Their hosting plan starts at $3.95/month and it is back by a 30-day money-back guarantee, good to start for beginners creating their first website.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Pricing
Bluehost offers different types of hosting services and also they have different plans for each of their hosting types. So whether you are just starting out or if you already have a site that you want to move to Bluehost, you will find one of their planes suitable for your requirements. Let’s check the Bluehost hosting plans and pricing.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
This is the ideal hosting if you are just creating a new website. With this plan, you get everything that you can get started with your business website. Even with this plan also, you get the Free domain for one year and the free SSL certificate.
- Basic Shared Hosting Plan: Their basic shared hosting plan starts at just 3.95$/month where you can host a single website and you get a 50GB of disc space. Also, you get the free domain name and free SSL certificate with all the plans.
- Plus Plan: With the plus plan, you get unlimited storage and you can host an unlimited number of sites. This is the best plan if you want to host multiple sites.
- Choice Plus: With this plan, you additionally get domain privacy and protection and automatic backup of your website date.
- Pro Plan: With this plan, you get the optimized resources for your website, it’s the costliest plan that gives the best performance for your website.
So, if you are planning to buy Bluehost shared hosting services. We recommend the “Plus Plan” where you get unlimited storage and you can host unlimited websites. Though, if you are sure you just want to host a single website, you can choose their basic plans.
Bluehost Shared WordPress Hosting Plans
As we mentioned above, Bluehost is also recommended by WordPress. So, if you are specifically looking for WordPress hosting, you can choose Bluehost shared WordPress hosting plans. With this plan, you get the 1-click WordPress installation also.
- Bluehost Basic Shared WordPress Hosting: If case if you are specifically looking for WordPress hosting to host a single WordPress website and blog, this is the ideal plan for you. You get the 50 GB of space and you can host a single site.
- Plus WordPress Hosting: With the plus plan, you can host unlimited WordPress websites and you get unlimited space.
- Choice Plus WordPress Hosting: With this plan, you additionally get automatic backup of your website data and also domain privacy and protection.
Here also we recommend the “Plus Plan”, you get unlimited disk space and you can host unlimited WordPress website or blog. This plan comes with the WordPress pre-installed and with auto-update. You also get the free domain name and SSL.
Bluehost WP Pro Hosting Plans (Managed WordPress Hosting)
Once your WordPress website grows and you start getting lots of traffic your WordPress website or blog, you need better hosting. Here comes the Bluehost Pro Hosting Plans. This is the managed WordPress hosting and only recommended for large WordPress websites with tons of traffic as it costs a bit high.
- Build: As the name suggests, this plan is ideal for when you start just building your WordPress site. This plan has everything that you need to get started with your WordPress site. It also includes daily website backup and malware removal.
- Grow: You can switch to this plan once your site starts growing, this plan has many premium WordPress features and plugins (including Jetpack Premium and other SEO Tools) bundled with, that you can use to grow your site further.
- Scale: This plan is ideal for a very large WordPress site that has hundreds of pages and posts and gets lots of traffic.
All the above Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting comes with unlimited storage and also there is no limit on the number of WordPress sites and the traffic. So here you can host unlimited WordPress websites and blogs. You get the staging environment as well where you can build your website and then can deploy it.
Bluehost WP eCommerce Hosting
What if you want to host a WordPress eCommerce website i.e. WooCommrce website? Generally, e-commerce websites require a bit more resources to function properly. Bluehost has recently launched it’s first-ever WP eCommerce (WooCommerec) hosting service which is ideal for hosting a WordPress e-commerce website.
Bluehost VPS Hosting Plans
Though VPS is not for normal users; but as this is the detailed Bluehost Review, I thought to put some light on the Bluehost VPS hosting plans. You need a VPS only if you want full control of your server. Having the VPS, you can control the resources allocated to different sites, though you need a bit of technical knowledge to manage the VPS.
Bluehost Dedicated Hosting Plans
Bluehost also offers dedicated hosting plans. With dedicated hosting, you actually get the complete server setup for you that you can use as you want. Again you need to have technical knowledge for managing the dedicated server, thus it’s not for normal users. Dedicated server hosting plans are again not in the scope of this Bluehost review but you can have the idea about the Bluehost Dedicated Hosting Plans and Pricing.
Bluehost Speed and Performance
For better performance of your website, you need to have a better hosting. The speed and performance of the website is really important in today’s competitive time.
During the Bluehost review, we tested some of the websites hosted on Bluehost and compared it with the websites hosted on other hostings.
Bluehost offers really fast and stable hosting services. With Bluehost, you can expect 99% uptime which means there are fewer chances of your website going down and also you can expect the faster speed i.e. your website will load in just few seconds.
Bluehost Security Features
The Bluehost review will be incomplete if we do not talk about the security features. Website security is very important in today’s time and Bluehost knows this.
Bluehost offers a free SSL certificate with all their hosting plans so that your website and the user’s data will be secured. Along with other security features, Bluehost also offers automatic backup of your website with some of their top plans. If you have those plans, you can restore your website in just few clicks if anything goes wrong.
Bluehost Website Backup Features and Policy
As you can see in the pricing above in the listed plans, Bluehost only offers automatic backup with its top hosting plans. So, if you go with their starter hosting plans, you won’t get the automatic website backup included in the plan, you need to pay additional to get the tools for the automatic backup of your website.
You will get the “CodeGuard Basic” tool free of cost with the top Bluehost hosting plan. If you choose a starter plan then you have to pay $2.99 per month to get this backup tool.
Having this tool you can easily restore your website data with just a few clicks if anything goes wrong. So, I will suggest you, get this tool if you are going with the starter plan or better choose the plans where it’s bundled with or else you may need to take the regular backup of your website yourself.
Bluehost Customer Support Review
Customer support is very important when choosing the best web host to host your website. During our Bluehost Review and while working on our client websites, we tried contacting Bluehost with all the available options they provide to their customers.
Bluehost providing hosting services for many years now and what makes their hosting services great is their excellent customer support.
We always had a great experience contacting Bluehost customer support. Bluehost expert team is available 24×7 to help you resolve all your queries related to their hosting services. You can contact the Bluehost support team via call, email, live chat and also they have a ticket support system. You won’t with disappointed with the Bluehost support.
Bluehost Pros & Cons
Now as we have come to the end of our Bluehost review, let’s summarise all the things in short. Here are some of the pros and cons of Bluehost web hosting services.
- Affordable Hosting Solution: Bluehost offers really affordable hosting solution and thus anyone who is just starting out can choose the Bluehost easily. They have plans suited for both beginners and advanced users.
- Beginners Friendly: Their hosting services are really beginner-friendly. From the dashboard to the control panel, everything designed in such a way that even a newbie won’t face any problem while using their hosting services.
- Cloudflare Integration: Bluehost offers direct integration with Cloudflare from the cPanel itself. Which makes your website perform even better and also Cloudflare adds an additional level of security for your website.
- Free Domain Name For 1st Year: Bluehost is one of the few hosting companies that offer the free domain name for one year which makes their services even affordable for beginners who are just starting their first website.
- Various Types of Hosting: Bluehost offers different types of hosting that you can choose as per your needs and requirements. Their WordPress hosting is even recommended by WordPress.org which makes them more trustable.
- Higher Domain Renewal Cost: Though you get the domain name free for one year, the renewal charges for the domain names are bit higher.
- Long Waiting Time For Support: Customers have to wait a bit longer to get support from the Bluehost support team on phone support especially.
- Only Linux Server: Bluehost only provides Linux servers so if you need Windows Server, you need to go with other web hosting companies.
FAQs About Bluehost Web Hosting
Here are some of the most common and frequently asked questions that many users ask while choosing the Bluehost web hosting. We thought to answer these questions here in our Bluehost Review to help you and all our other users make an informed decision when choosing the hosting services from Bluehost.
Is Bluehost a Good Web Host?
Bluehost is a well known and WordPress recommended hosting provider so it is definitely a good web host. Bluehost hosts over 2 million websites and all of these website owners can not be wrong. They are really a good web host.
Does Bluehost offer any Discount on their Hosting Plans?
Generally, Bluehost offers 50% discount on their hosting plans for new customers. Bluehost offers its starter plan at just 3.95$/month which normally costs 7.99$/month. You can click on one of our links given for better deals if currently available.
Which Bluehost Plan is Best?
If you want to create a single basic website for your small business, you can choose their starter shared hosting plans. For WordPress sites, we suggest their WordPress hosting and for multiple sites, you can choose their unlimited hosting pans.
Does Bluehost offer a free domain name and SSL Certificate?
Yes, Bluehost is one of the very few companies that offer a free domain name and SSL certificate. SSL certificate is free forever but the domain name is offered free for one year only and you need to pay the renewal charges from the next year.
Does Bluehost offer Money Back Guarantee?
Yes, Bluehost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that means if you cancel their hosting services within the 30 days, you will receive the full refund of your hosting services only. The domain charge is not included in the refund policy and will be deducted.
Does Bluehost offer a Free Website Transfer Service?
No, most of the web hosting companies offer free website migrations and transfer your website to their server but Bluehost does not offer this. If you want to get your website transferred by the Bluehost team, they offer paid services for this.
Is Bluehost good for small business and beginners?
Yes, Bluehost is good for both small business websites as well as large websites. Also, their dashboard and control panel is very beginner-friendly. Even a newbie can get started with their hosting services in just few minutes and can launch a website.
Is Bluehost good for the WooCommerce website?
Yes, Bluehost has dedicated WooCommerce hosting plans which comes with WordPress, WooCommerce Plugin and WooCommerce compatible theme pre-installed. Which makes it easier for anyone to get started and launch a WooCommerce website.
What does Marketing Offers mean on Bluehost?
Bluehost offers $100 credit for Google Ads and $100 credit for Bing Ads. You can use these credits in your website promotion through Google and Bing Ads. Do check their terms and conditions as these offers might be for a limited time period.
Conclusion (Do I Recommend Bluehost?)
Now as we have come to the end of our Bluehost review, we hope by now you have got the idea why over 2 million people trust Bluehost for hosting their website or blog. Bluehost is really a good web host that you can trust when hosting your website.
We hope our Bluehost review will be helpful in choose the Bluehost hosting services. If you find our Bluehost review helpful, do share it with your friends in your networks too. If you are already using Bluehost hosting services, let us know your feedback in the comment section below, also you can ask your questions as well.
Bluehost Review () - Are They Really Worth The Hype?
Though I am not a big fan of EIG Group hosting companies but Bluehost is different. Here's my honest Bluehost Review with its all hosting plans, pricing, features, pros, and cons.
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock